On this tour we’re likely to see:
- Pods of bottlenose dolphins feeding in the estuary
- Bald eagles, ospreys and other native birds of prey (including nests!)
- Brown pelicans diving for fish
- Other fascinating birds like roseate spoonbills, wood storks, herons, egrets and shorebirds!
The Coastal Expeditions on-board naturalist will share also interesting facts about local history as it intertwines with the natural history of these waters dating from the prehistoric habitation of the indigenous people to the very first western European settlers in our state in the mid-seventeenth century.
ABOUT THE TOUR:
- Adults $40/Kids 12 & under $20
- 1.5 hours
- DEPARTURE LOCATION: RUSS POINT BOAT LANDING, BEAUFORT
- DESTINATION: ESTUARY SURROUNDING HUNTING ISLAND
We’ve seen dolphins every single time that we’ve offered this trip!
Arrive at least 15 minutes early and meet at the Russ Point Boat Landing where you will board the boat. Parking is available at the landing.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Dress for the weather. A light windbreaker jacket is often welcome, even on warm days.
WHAT TO BRING:
Drinking water, binoculars. Please bring payment with you on the day of your tour.
This tour is a boat cruise and is suitable for most ages and abilities.
ABOUT THE BOAT:
Motor vessel Godwit is a US Coast Guard-certified passenger-carrying vessel with a master captain at the helm. This boat holds more than 30 people comfortably and has a sun shade that covers the boat. At the current time, we are running the boat at a reduced capacity to prevent crowding.
NEED TO CANCEL?
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. Please call if you need to cancel or reschedule.
Check out our weekly tours from our two locations at Hunting Island State Park and the downtown Beaufort Marina!
- MONDAY: Beaufort Dolphin & History Cruise
- TUESDAY: St. Phillips Island Ferry
- WEDNESDAY: Beaufort Dolphin & History Cruise and Hunting Island Dolphin Cruise
- FRIDAY: St. Phillips Island Ferry
- SATURDAY: St. Phillips Island Ferry and Beaufort Dolphin & History Cruise
- SUNDAY: Beaufort Dolphin & History Cruise and Hunting Island Dolphin Cruise
For more information, go HERE.