Craving homegrown melons, vegetables, peanuts, fresh seafood, flowers, meats or prepared foods?
Then pack up your reusable bags and baskets and hit the road to discover the farm-fresh offerings available at some of our local farmers’ markets, certified roadside stands and kitchens. Call ahead to confirm dates, times and hours of operation.
To view the South Carolina Department of Agriculture’s Guides to Community Farmers’ Markets and Certified Roadside Markets across the state, visit agriculture.sc.gov/where-to-buy-local.
Downtown Farmers’ Market & Food Truck
- Corner of North & Bladen Streets, behind the Santa Elena Foundation
- Hosted by the City of Beaufort, the Downtown Farmer’s Market features fresh local garden produce and cuisine from 2-6 p.m. with the It’s Only Fair Food Truck serving up favorite fair foods from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- (843) 525-7070 or cityofbeaufort.org
Port Royal Farmers’ Market
- Heritage Park on Ribaut Road by the Naval Hospital
- South Carolina produce, seafood, beef, eggs, bread, BBQ, cheese, honey and plants.
- 939 Sea Island Pkwy., St. Helena Island
- Specialties include cantaloupe, muscadine grapes, peaches, squash, strawberries, tomatoes and watermelon.
- (843) 838-7421
- Facebook page
Dempsey Farms U-Pick
- 1576 Sea Island Pkwy., St. Helena Island
- Everything sold is grown at Dempsey Farms. Purchase a few items at the stand or pick your own produce. Harvesting dates depend on weather, please call to find out what is available.
- (843) 838-3656
Lowcountry Produce & Market Cafe
- Daily, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 1919 Trask Pkwy., Lobeco
- A variety of produce and Lowcountry Produce canned goods and gifts.
- (843) 846-9438 or lowcountryproduce.com
Cahill’s Market & Chicken Kitchen
- 1055 May River Rd.
- (843) 757-2921 or cahillsmarket.com
Farmers’ Market of Bluffton
- Carson Cottages in Old Town, 40 Calhoun St.
- Fresh local produce, specialty items, prepared foods and live entertainment.
- (843) 415-2447 or farmersmarketbluffton.org
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
The Farmers’ Market at Sea Pines Center presented by Lowcountry Produce
- The Shops at Sea Pines Center, 71 Lighthouse Rd.
- (843) 686-3003 or lowcountryproduce.com