1st Annual Christmas Classic Beer Mile Presented by Salt Marsh Brewery.
100% of the proceeds to benefit the Beaufort-Jasper YMCA of the Lowcountry. Check in 2pm Dec. 19th at the Community Beer Garden- Sands Beach Port Royal. Start time: 3pm.
WHAT IS A BEER MILE?
- Drink a beer, run a quarter mile.
- Then, drink a beer, run a quarter mile.
- Next, drink a beer, run a quarter mile.
- And finally, drink a beer, run a quarter mile.
Four beers, one mile.
- Each competitor drinks four 12oz of Salt Marsh Brew
- Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area.
- The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the transition zone
- Competitors must drink the entire 12oz before they begin running.
- Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
- Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomitting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
All Proceeds to Benefit the Beaufort-Jasper YMCA of the Lowcountry